Thursday, 22 November 2012

Melbourne Move

Well, after way too long in Sydney we are finally making our move to Melbourne.  With one week to go the apartment is a shambles and I'm still not sure how to pack my Ashford Traditional for the move.  She's old, she is so going to get damaged!

Anyway, I've been checking out some of the yarnie places to visit when we get to Melbourne, it's best to be prepared.  I haven't been to any of these places before, I'm hoping they will be good!

Sunspun: seems to be a nice LYS. Seems to have a good range of yarns.

Onabee: looks like I missed ot on the actual store by a couple of months but the range of products looks good, maybe have to check out one of the "studio days".

Wondoflex Yarn Craft Centre: this one has fibre and some spinning stuff too - that's exciting!

Kraftkolour: I didn't know these guys have a showroom you can visit.  I'm gonna have to get in there to stock up on some Landscape dyes.  They have fibre too, so maybe I'll be stocking up on some other things too!

Handweavers and Spinners Guild of Victoria:  This may have to be my first stop.  I only recently joined the NSW Guild and it's brilliant!  Lots of books to borrow, people to learn from, classes, equipment.  The Melbourne rooms look amazing - and they have a shop!

And now that I am going to be a bit closer to Bendigo maybe I'll get to go to the Australian Sheep and Wool Show.  That would be cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment