Friday, 14 December 2012

Handweavers and Spinners Guild of Victoria

I had the day off work today so thought I would make the most of it and go down to join the Victorian Spinners Guild.  I had been spinning for ages before I joined the NSW Guild and when I finally did join I realised I should have done so earlier. Not only did they sell me my Ashford Traditional wheel for $50 but the first spinning day I went to I scored fibre that was being given away.  And the library of spinning and knitting books and magazines is worth the membership fees alone.  And all that is nothing compared to the wealth of knowledge the Guild members are all happy to share.

So, The Victorian Guild is at 655 Nicholson St, Carlton North.  They have an awesome spot, with street frontage for their shopfront.  Yes, I did say shopfront.  Members can sell their yarns and crafted items for commission through the Guild Shop.  I should have taken pictures of all the amazing handspun yarn.  I hope the Guild won't mind me borrowing one from their site.

I was quite overcome by the yarn fumes.  But not quite enough to buy one of the beautiful spindles in the supplies store.  That is one addiction that I am refusing to succumb to, I have seen too many others fall to the neverending spindle acquiring habit. There was lotsa fibre to buy too, and Landscape dyes.

All this and I was offered cake and tea the minute I walked through the door.  I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment