Thursday, 10 January 2013

Some finished things...

So, Melbourne's weather is not so unpredictable.  It seems that Fridays are always hot.  Once again on my day off it was too hot for an excursion so I finished off (and took photos) of a couple of knitting projects.

First, I finished the Align Mitts.  They came out quite nice.  Because of the ribbing the fit is really comfortable.


Second are Asymmetrical Cables by Cookie A  These are pretty cool. I'm really slow at cables but these are big and easy so they moved along quickly.  I always have to add length at the toes of my socks.  I should have added another repeat of the pattern I added so much length.  Oh, well, that end is in my shoes anyway.



And one last thing, an honourable mention to "Mr Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore" by Robin Sloan which I read today.  Not only was it a good read but it also had a knitting reference, in the form of a knitting museum. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment