Friday, 12 April 2013

Wondoflex Yarn Craft Centre

Finally made it to the awesome Wondoflex Yarn craft Centre.  I think I am going to make it my actual LYS - like I might actually go there and buy stuff!



I find bricks and mortar yarn stores problematic.  I want to support them but apart from a few "souvenir" skeins or some last minute shopping I just can't justify buying stuff from them. It is the internet's fault.  Online I can buy yarn and fibre and accessories from around the world from big manufacturers or independant yarnies. Can't beat the range, but more importantly it is cheaper than buying locally - and that includes postage. 

For example, I wanted to buy a set of interchangeable needles.  From my LYS it was more than twice the price than buying them from the UK, once again, that included the shipping price.  If we were talking about 10%, or even 20% I might buy them from the LYS but not for that much.

So....Wondoflex.  It was huge compared to pretty much any yarn store I've been to.  It had lots of yarn, and in each of those yarns it had the full range of colours available, and it had several balls of each of those colours.  Also, it had more than just the "standard" brands that you see everywhere. You know what was also good?  There were people actually shopping there, and some of them were young!  Prices were still high when compared to overseas but it wasn't too bad.

So, if you are in Melbourne, check it out, it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment