Monday, 10 June 2013

Tuesday Top

I'm an admirer of Woolgatherings on Etsy.  The colours and fibres look amazing and stalking the Ravelry group you can see some great yarns made from the fibre.

However, I don't buy that much dyed fibre.  One of the reasons I took up spinning and dyeing was so that I could get the yarns I want at a lower price.  Commercial or indie dyed fibre and yarn is pretty much always more expensive than producing your own.  At the same time, dyeing my own fibre has definately given me an appreciation for the time and effort required to make consistently good dyed top.

Woolgatherings makes consistently good top.  Appreciation given.  And when I decided to treat myself to some fibre for the TDF I decided it was time for me to Woolgather. If you spend over $100 you get free shipping.  For shipping to Australia, that's awesome.

Here is some of what I got:

Alpaca/Silk/Merino at the top and Merino/Tussah Silk at the bottom



No comments:

Post a Comment