Thursday, 19 September 2013

Something I'm Working On...

I have started kntting some more socks.  Pattern is "Business Casual" by Tanis Fiber Arts.  I keep choosing patterns with cables, even though I am bad at them, because they always look so cool.  I mean, these are totally argyle, sweet.

I decided that with these single stitch cables it was probably time to learn to "cable without a cable needle".  I'm using the instructions from Grumperina and it's pretty easy.  Definately better than having an extra needle hanging around.  Doesn't stop me from making stoopid mistakes though.  How many times can I twist a cable the wrong way? It's really not that hard to see which way it should go in the pattern, must learn to pay attention...

And the yarn is Dream in Colour Smooshy.  It really is quite smooshy, these are going to be pretty thick socks.  I guess they'll be good under the motorcycle boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment