Sunday, 29 December 2013

Books That Knit

Finished reading "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern today.  I quite enjoyed it, I liked the construction and the atmosphere but I thought there could have been a bit more plot development - a bit more story. And I would have been more than happy for the book to be longer so it's not like there wasn't space.  I guess it's good to be left wanting more.

Anyway, there is a thing in the book where fans of the circus, "reveurs", wear "a touch of red" and there is this knitting reference that I enjoyed:

She hands him a red wool scarf, the one she has been knitting on and off. "I can't accept this," he says. "Nonsense," Elizabeth says. "I make them all the time, I am at no loss for yarn. I started this one with no particular reveur in mind to wear it, so clearly it is meant for you."

"Thank you," Baily says, wrapping the scarf around his neck despite the warmth of the train.

Knit worthy!




No comments:

Post a Comment