Monday, 14 April 2014

Finished Things

I'm actually keeping up with the Spin the Bin Challenge.  This is the latest thing I finished:  Superwash Merino from Squoosh Fiberarts in the "Cowboy Dreams" colourway. 

 This is actually some of the oldest fibre in my stash.  I bought it when I first started spinning and had that beginner thing of "I'll wait until I'm better at spinning so I don't ruin it".  Unfortunately that feeling persisted. I love the colours so much in the fibre that I don't think I'll ever be happy with how the colours translate into yarn.  However, I went with a chain ply in my favourite fingering weight and I think it came out pretty good.  I am quite happy...

 There has been quite a bit of knitting recently too.  I finished these Dither socks out of Shibui Sock.  They came out great and the pattern is so much fun.







And then I made these basic mitts out of awesome yarn from Tuulia I got in a Ravelry swap.  As referred to above, I love brown and blue together and this yarn comes as 50g of two complimentary colours, such a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment