Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Happy New Year!

So, the Blog has suffered that common Blog condition of being ignored for too long because of other things going on in life.

For me, one of those things was shoulder surgery that slowed down (but didn't stop) my knitting and spinning.

With the new year comes a new start and more blogging. 

To get things going here is the latest Finished Object: Ravello by Isabell Kraemer. I actually had it almost finished months ago but finishing the neck ribbing required picking up 120 stitches and I hate picking up stitches, so it languished.  Silly really, because it took about half an hour to complete when I got around to it.  It's a comfy jumper and a design that I might actually wear.  Yarn is three different colours of Bendigo Woolen Mills Luxury 4ply.  Love their 200g balls!


 The Etsy shop has been fun this year.  I've been gradually adding some naturally coloured, breed specific sample packs.  So  far there is Shetland, Corriedale, Baby Alpaca and Polwarth, I'm looking to add more this year.  I love spinning undyed fibre and something I've always wanted to try was a breed study so I've put together a few sets of 25g fibre samples.  There's 25 different sheep breeds in each set and they come with little cards to record your spinning notes.  Lotsa fun!

And this is what I'm working on now.  This is a sock pattern that I'm making up.  It's a simple stranded pattern that I thought would make good use of this highly variegated yarn I got in a Ravelry swap.  I love the colours but I just thik it's too busy to use straight up.  This design is just what I wanted.  They're gonna be very warm socks though!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment